Sunday, April 13, 2014

Artisan Pieces -- cocktail table

One of my favorite resources is using local artists for bespoke (custom) products in my room environments! They add a strong personal, unique touch like nothing else! Usually the need arises from not finding the particular piece I had in mind for the space, whether that be the exact style, color, size, timeline, or price. Lately, I have been able to do quite a bit and it's a real treat!!

Below is a piece I designed for a recent music room/library. I collaborated with Asa Hoyt of A.W. Hoyt Metal Arts discussing the particulars of my design combined with his expert opinion in metal working so we could create a stable and interesting piece. I knew I wanted the piece to have an aged gold, retro, yet clean feel. Since the client has grandkids who roam the house at will, I wanted to make sure the top was resistant to scratches, stains, etc. but still giving us that clean Carrara marble look. Hello Cambria! And Voila'! Asa's fabulous metal table base with a Cambria Torquay top!


On to the golding: I had the table delivered to Candice Simpson of Textural Hues. Candice has worked on oodles of my projects, whether it is a decorative paint finish on a wall, accessory, or piece of furniture. We selected the color of gold (there are many!) for the legs, one part being base and the other a metallic paint finish, percentage of metallic to base and location of distressing. When all was completed, it was delivered!!








I think it's perfect!!

Art~~It's a good thing!! Later, Susan

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments: