Saturday, December 31, 2011

Bloody Lovely!


This is a very catching vignette!  Why am I calling it "Bloody Lovely"?  It feels English to me, but not Grandma's English, but instead a more youthful English.  I love the symmetry.  I love the dissonance between the coral, pink, and red colors.  I love the way the warm gold, whispy wall candelabras contrast with the cool boldness of the painting.  I love the juxtaposition of traditional, contemporary, retro, and Asian styling.  I love how the color black is strategically positioned to carry your eye around, and ground, the room starting with the woman's hair, to the lampshades, to the arced feet of the sofa.  So completely pleasing to my eye!!

~~ Susan ~~
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

4 comments:

MS Design Maven Marilyn Storey said...

I BLOODY love this! The palette of pinks to salmons and reds AND the strategic use of the black and the white are artful. It seems old and new at the same time. Thanks for sharing this, Susan!

Unknown said...

You are so welcome, Maryilyn! My thoughts exactly!

Susan E. Brown said...

Ooops! I mean "Marilyn"!

MyWallArt.com said...

Hi Susan, nice blog ! I hope you liked the article about eco friendly 3d-wallpanels I sent you earlier. Thanks for it.