Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Repeat, repeat, repeat...Contrast!

Hi followers!

I've returned from sunny Arizona, wait...it was super sunny, but in the 30's/40's!  Can you believe it?  Just my luck!  The super sunny, blue skies were still a wonderful treat.  I found myself constantly being drawn to repetition and contrast, so thought I'd share some tidbits of fascination and discovery with you!

I visited the Mesa Arts Center, a large, amazing facility with incredible architectural interest made up of separate buildings connected with interesting waterways, walkways, etc.  AND that's only the outside!



How fun is this short walkway?  I love everything about it--the yellow color, the walking stone circles & grass in between, the circular cacti, the two step down, the yellow panels with stainless posts, and on and on.  But I think what I love most is the repetition and contrast of simple shapes:  circles vs. horizontal/vertical lines...  OK, ok, AND the color yellow!  It just pops!

Another fabulous, and oh so scrumptious, place was the Queen Creek Olive Mill (try saying queen creek 10 times fast!)  The food was out of this world!

Love that repetition!

The bathroom!  Love the stainless cabinets contrasted with the earthy stone and granite.

A better closeup of the cabinet--contrast and repetition at one time!  Whew--need a moment here...

My gorgeous mother sampling oils at a handmade metal cabinet designed specifically for that purpose.  I love being able to see the solder joint marks on artisan metal pieces!

Wonderful patio, and on warmer days (not when I was there--notice the large heaters!), you can dine out in the grove under the trees!  Ahhh, european dining at its best!

If in Queen Creek, near Mesa, check it out!  Your taste buds will thank you, and your aesthetic flair will enjoy the entire experience!





No comments: