Friday, September 16, 2011

Nicky Haslam

Recently I perused the portfolio of Nicky Haslam, the very talented, British interior designer extraordinaire.  In addition to magnificent interiors, he is also known as an artist, cabaret singer, socialite, book reviewer, literary editor, etc. and the list goes on and on and on...

In some of his projects, I became totally enamored with his use of oversized, bright white mouldings, casings, and details in architectural settings.  I love the sophisticated whimsy and prominence it provided in his environments.  So unusual yet so livable.  I just had to share!


 Don't these chalky white extravagances have a tinge of contemporary vibe to them?


Look at the extravagant mouldings surrounding that door!  What a statement -- I adore it!  

That side swirl is just so gorgeous!  I want to go home, enlarge all my white mouldings, add large, playful pieces, and adorn and adorn!  


What a difference the simple circle motifs on the cupboard doors make in creating some interest and depth on the built in wall unit.


Really a unique delight to run across these designs!  I hope they are as inspiring for you too!

Best, Susan

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments: