Saturday, May 5, 2012

Small Gold Treasure


Hi all!  I know this week I was going to continue with the Dining Room of a main floor project I am working on, but alas, I did not have time to get photos of the selections we are using, so will have to postpone that one until next week.

In the meantime, I have a wonderful little find I picked up in an antique store I want to share.  It was a long time in the making, that's for sure.  I picked up this adorable little gold table last summer.  One can never have too many little tables!  However, when expressing this sentiment as my son was in the same room, his reply was, "Mom, more little tables are not always the answer." Mon Cher!

When I took all the crap off of the top of the table while in the antique store, the glass top was severely cracked and broken, so the guy took $5 off.  Then I tipped it upside down, and one of the four gold floral stalks came loose...there went another $5.  Then I noticed one of the corners wasn't secure...yep, you guessed it, another $5!  I was really enjoying this game!!  It started at $55 (still a steal I thought) and ended at $40.

I had my friend Kelly Ludeking, a fabulous metal artist who has a done a lot of work for me over the years, weld the corner that had come loose.  Not a good pic, I know.  That was $50.



 I believe my son, or husband, super glued or siliconed the extra floral branch in place.  Free! (to me :)

Next, I had glass made for the top.  I knew I wanted extra thick chunky glass so I would have a blue ring at the top when the sunlight hit it.  Because the metal corners were slightly curved, the glass piece had to have radiuses cut into them, definitely an increase in price.  By the time we were done, the glass piece cost $100.

 View from the top

 And another...

Lookin' good!!

About $200 later, I love my table!!  It works well in my very eclectic, yet inviting, living room!  Do you have fabulous finds and trinkets to share?  Let me know!

Keep digging for treasure!!  Susan


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments: